Maintenance & Service Technician
The Drying Company is a local, family owned, Home Performance Contractor that has been serving Greater Richmond and Hampton Roads since 2002. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for positive, friendly, and driven individuals to join our team. Our Installation Professionals spend the most time on site with our homeowners’ installing products and solutions at their homes. We are looking for individuals with a high level of integrity who take pride in their work and are always willing to learn to provide our clients with WOW service.
How does it work? Typical maintenances include going into crawl spaces and basements with dehumidifiers and/or sump pump systems that we have installed to ensure the equipment continues to work properly.
For dehumidifiers maintenances include changing air filters, checking the operation of the condensation pump, checking the relative humidity of the space, completing a visual inspection of the area, cleaning coils, and other related tasks.
When maintaining a sump pump, technicians can expect to check the discharge lines for blockages, ensure floats are operating properly, clean any sediment from the basin, do a visual inspection of the space, and other related tasks.
On some occasions, technicians may find that a unit has failed and needs to be returned to the manufacture for repairs or replacement. In these cases, the technician will need to pull the unit from the crawl space or basement and install a temporary unit for the homeowner so that we can continue to protect the system installed at their home. Once the unit is returned, or a new unit can be installed, the technician will reinstall the unit.
Technicians will be responsible for updating records in our customer database to track the history of Client’s units, the result of their appointment, and any additional necessary information.
The Drying Company serves homeowners from Greater Richmond through Williamsburg and into Virginia Beach, VA and currently has 30+ installation professionals installing solutions for our homeowners every day (Monday – Friday). Knowledge is a key value in our business. Our Production Team gathers every Monday Morning at our Office in Toano, VA we use the time to train on any challenges we’ve encountered and work together to develop solutions and celebrate wins. Learn more about our company here: https://youtu.be/k13KpH0Q7A0
Pay & Benefits
· Hourly Rate with Commission Opportunities
· Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
· 401K & Life Insurance
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Represent the company in a professional manner
· Demonstrate a clear knowledge of the equipment you service, our company’s services, & be able to answer customer questions
· Experience maintaining or installing dehumidifiers and/or sump pumps preferred
· Minimum 1 year in the construction industry
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
· Active listening skills
· Organizational skills
· Attention to detail required
· Clear verbal and written communication
· Must have a high level of integrity
· Valid driver’s license & approved to drive our company vehicles
· Pre-employment drug screen
· Travel between job sites and to office.
· Must be comfortable in small, dark, and damp areas.
· Able to handle weather conditions based on the season.
· Carrying, climbing, crawling, crouching, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, sitting, standing, stooping, and walking.
The Drying Company LLC is an EEO/ AA/ VET/ Disabled Employer. We are proud to be Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Experience Required
Email: [email protected]
All fields with (*) are required